Followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's a Boy


Doodle Pantry is sponsoring  the challenge at ScrapCreations (theme: Baby) .    If you have time go visit  Scrap Creations  and   play along, you could win a Doodle Pantry prize and what could be more delightful that that!!

Card Details.
  • I used Doodle Pantry's  digital stamp 'Happy BirdieB' and doesn't he look all reved up about the new addition:)
  •  Stampin Up paper and some left over wall paper (the blue background  paper).
  • The balloons were stamped, coloured, cut out and  Crystal Effects added for  shine. I do not know from whence they came as there is nothing on the stamp ( I had picked it up at a local dollar store).
  • The sentiment is computer generated. 
  • The striped border stamp is from Stampin Up2004.
  • Technique:  Printed out two birdies and using a circle die   placed it around one  birdie, shaded the area in with some bashful blue ink (Stampin Up). I coloured the other birdie, cut it out  and placed it on top of the first to give a dimensional look. ( used dimensional tape) '
  • The final step was to add some twine and a little star 
  • The design layout is from 'I{heart }2 stamp'.
  •  Medium used: Prismacolor Marker

Challenges:
Scrap Creations : theme Baby
Lollipop Crafts: special summer challenge
A Gem of a Challenge:#25 Lets hear it for the Boys-  I say start the cheering early in life:)
Totally Gorjuss: Challenge89 - all about boys
Crafters Companion: challenge 14c- one for the boys
The Craft Garden: July Challenge - use a Bird on your project
 I {heart}2 Stamp: July Sketch

16 comments:

  1. Very cute and perfect for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this birdie, she is so adorable! I LOVE how you did the circle around the birdie, waaay too cool! Fantastic colour fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the added balloons and what a perfect card to announce a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenda, this is a great idea for a baby card. That birdie is just so happy!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute with wonderful details and dimension. You nailed the baby challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous.

    Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww adorable! That image works perfectly for a baby card :D
    Sooooooooo sweet

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - I LOVE using this image for a baby card - it's perfect!!! Beautifully done, Glenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a fabulous card, I love the shading detail you've added around the birdie and the balloons and the layout, I'd better stop... I like it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwe, so very cute! Love that birdie and the design is great *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card for a Boy! Thanks for joining in the fun at TG this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining in with us this month at The Craft Garden, good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH this is precious - I love that you used this as a baby card! Great idea and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi again... trying to catch up on all these wonderful DP links--see what happens when you go on vacation for a week? LOL. LOVE THIS! And while we were gone, my niece had a baby boy!! I LOVE THIS BIRDIE for a BABY card!! Great job ... I might just have to borrow this idea ;) heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glenda this is adorable! I love the design with the balloons and the sentiment. A wonderful card for a new baby boy. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete