Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

GDT for My Crafting Heaven - Poinsettia





I am   delighted to do another  Guest Spot for My Crafting Heaven this time  showcasing the digital stamp 'Poinsettia'.   Christine Gray  sent me an image of  this beautiful flower to post for  her  Oct.10th showcasing  of this image. It is hard to tell but the poinsettia's second and third layers are popped up for dimension.I have seen many lovely different coloured poinsettia's the last few years so I went with a cream coloured one, rather than the traditional scarlet and red.    Christine's wonderful digital stamps  can be found  here at her shop! You can also visit her blog here: My Crafting Heaven.

I posted the bottom picture so you could see the spotted background paper, in the top picture it appears more black like than it really is (although I must admit it is rather hard to see in that photo too).

Card details:
 Digital Stamp'Poinsettia' by Christine Grey from My Crafting Heaven 
 Colour medium: Prismacolor  markers - cream
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink - antique linen
Paper: Stampin' Up whisper white  the Bella Armoire Stack
Die Cuts: Spellbinders  standard circle,   Memory Box 'Quinn Flourish' for the black scallops; Marianne Designs  for the doily
Punch: Martha Stewart     small corner punch for mid sized   snowflake and an edge punch for the small   snowflakes.
Other: lace ribbon  from stash

Challenges:
House that Stamps Built- sketch ends Oct16th
Emerald Faeries Challenge #33 - Flowers
DeepOcean Challenge #36 Anything Goes
Papelitos Challenges #15- Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door #39- Anything Goes
Tuesday Alchemy #35 Anything Goes
The Crafty Bloggers #4 Anything Goes
House of Gill Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs: Anything Goes
 My Grafico Challenge: #138 Anything Goes

25 comments:

  1. Ooh this is gorgeous Glenda,love the centre piece .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Glenda, how are you doing. Now you know me and Black and White, I just adore this beautiful creation. SIMPLY STUNNING my friend. I just love that design, so very striking and effective.
    Happy crafting and good luck with the challenges. It is a sure WINNER for me.
    Lots of love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, this is gorgeous! Love the black and white theme, and the image is just so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Glenda. Love the black and cream combination and the added dimension you have given it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Glenda the black & cream colour combo looks so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Glenda this is stunning. I adore black and white, it is so classy.
    Great to see you at INCY WINCY this week. I do hope we will see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda, This is superb! So elegant. That black/white/neutral combo just works so well. Congrats on the GDT spot. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your black and white card! The flower is simply beautiful.
    Glenda, love everything about this beauty. Nice job.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely and elegant!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the black and cream and the popped up layers in the poinsettia. Gorgeous card. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.

    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Glenda, and so classy! I love that you've used a black and white colour scheme for Christmas.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Glenda, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and that center piece is stunning! I thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Glenda this is stunning. I love the colors and your design. Beautiful, I went back and looked and now could tell that the layers have a 3-D effect. Wonderful...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glenda this poinsettia is GORGEOUS! Love the black and white effect and how the doily sets off the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. really beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    *hugs*
    Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card. The colors are so unique for a Poinsettia card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card with Chrissy's lovely digi image Glenda. Love the colours you chose too, looks great :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Card. Simple but elegant. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD. Watch for our upcoming blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very imaginative,I prefer the white.Beautiful card.Will email you soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card!! I love the cream poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, so elegant, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This creation is amazing! It really is stunning. I can see why you were chosen to be a guest designer! Thanks much for entering our A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight. Nice to have you!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Glenda, Sorry for late post I just do not know where the time goes. Your card is absolutely fabulous andelegant I love the colour. Thank you for being my guest DT again. Will be contacting you soon for another DT spot :O)). Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, just love the black and white it looks fantastic. Thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow this is stunning Glenda...Black and White make for a dramatic look!

    ReplyDelete